Search This Blog

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Potato Galettes

Credit for this one goes again to Melissa D'Arabian, winner of this season's The Next Food Network Star. She did a version of this recipe as her final dish. I searched for it, but couldn't find it so I had to recreate it with my own spin. I've made it three times, and alas, the third time is a charm and I've come up with a really yummy side dish that looks pretty fancy. I am also thinking about other variations of this to make a yummy appetizer, so stay tuned!

Potatoes (I used Yukon Gold tonight)
Olive Oil
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Montreal Seasoning
Muffin Tin


Slice potatoes very thin. I used a mandolin to do this. Two medium sized potatoes yielded enough for 6 galettes. Place the potato slices in a bowl, and drizzle a small amount of olive oil over them- about a 1 1/2 teaspoons. Add some Montreal seasoning (about 2 teaspoons) and cheddar cheese (about 1/2 cup). Mix to combine. Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray. Layer seasoned potatoes in the muffin cups, pressing down. Make sure you have cheese in the layers. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 45 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through. Remove by running a butter knife around the edges and pop out the pretty little stacks of potatoes. It's a fancy little side dish that really takes no effort.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds delicious. Do you have any photos of this dish...thanks

    ReplyDelete